I just finish this one this week! and I’m really proud about myself for achieving it. I have tried to do it over the years, but I always end up short with 6 or 8 books maximum. But this year I did it.
The books I read were:
- Little bee (by Chris Cleave)
- The four agreements (by Miguel Ruiz)
- 20,000 leagues under the sea (by Julio Verne)
- Portrait of a young artist (by James Joyce)
- The shadow of the mermaid (by Camilla Läckberg)
- The shadow of the wind (by Carlos Luis Zafón)
- Snow Flower and the secret fan (by Lisa See)
- Me before you (by Jojo Moyes)
- Divergent (by Veronica Roth)
- Insurgent (by Veronica Roth)
- Allegiant (by Veronica Roth)
- Four (by Veronica Roth)
I liked most of them, but I have to say that I didn’t like Portrait of a young artist, I’m not sure if the translation was crappy or what, but It took me a lot of time to read it and it is like 200 pages long. Maybe it was the excessive religious theme, I’m not sure.
My favorite was Little Bee, I loved it all, the way the story is told, the way it was written, the story, the characters, everything.
The one that make my eyes twitch was Snow Flower and the secret fan. Yizus, if you have never see, heard or read how Chinese woman transform their feet some years ago, you’re gonna be like me.
Do you have any suggestions for 2015?